WHAM! Rider Pass
Bring out your 2-wheelers, tricycles, or unicycles and enjoy a ride through Hammond, Whiting, Highland, and Munster’s beautiful neighborhood bike paths and city streets.
WHAM is scheduled to roll on Saturday, August 5th into Sunday, August 6th.
Riders will enjoy a 30-mile-long or 10-mile-short scenic route.
The ride begins and ends at Hammond’s iconic Wolf Lake Pavilion. Ride along the majestic shores of Lake Michigan, and enjoy the tranquility of both Wolf and George Lake in Hammond. See firsthand, Hammond, Whiting, Munster, and Highland’s spectacular parks and neighborhoods, ride through historic Downtown Whiting and Hammond and pass Oil City Stadium, home of the Northwest Indiana Oilmen. Adventurers taking the long route will enjoy a rest stop at Cabela’s in Hammond, the World’s Foremost Outfitter, before they meander through Wicker Park and Munster’s beautiful neighborhoods.
Please note that by participating in this event, you agree to the following terms:
In registering for the WHAM! Ride 2023:
- I agree to properly wear a helmet and have a functioning bicycle light attached to my bicycle at all times while riding. Failure to wear a helmet and have a working light is my decision to do so; I assume all risk from possible injury as a result of failing to wear a helmet or have a functioning light.
- I agree to obey all Indiana traffic laws.
- I agree to ride safely, signal my movements, be alert to my surroundings, stay to the right when riding slowly and pass on the left of other participants.
- I agree to obey the rules and directions of event organizers and volunteers.
- I agree that my bicycle is in safe operating condition.
- I understand that the WHAM! Ride 2023 is a 30-mile plus bicycle or 10-mile (approximately) ride through public streets and parks of Hammond, Whiting, Munster, and Highland beginning at 12:00am on Sunday morning August 6, 2023.
- I understand that I will share public roads with motor vehicles, other participants, and pedestrians.
- I understand and agree that bicycling through public streets and parks involves risk and can result in loss of personal property, bodily injury, or even death.
- I acknowledge that there may be adverse road or path conditions, hazards, wildlife, or hidden objects present during the ride.
- I understand that the organizers may photograph this event. I allow the organizers unconditional use of my name, voice, and photographic likeness relating to my participation for promotional purposes without compensation.
- I personally assume any and all of the risks associated with participation in this event, and I release, absolve, indemnify and hold harmless the City of Hammond, the City of Whiting, Town of Highland, Town of Munster, The Hammond Port Authority, Cabela’s, and all other sponsors and volunteers for any and all actions and omissions including but not limited to the negligence or fault by any of the released parties listed above.
- I further certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in this activity, and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this activity.
- I acknowledge that this activity may involve a test of a person's physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by temperature, condition of other participants, equipment, lack of hydration, and actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, monitors, producers/organizers of the activity, and Released Parties. Said risks further include any and all communicable diseases including but not limited to COVID-19, MRSA and other viruses and diseases spread through human contact and by humans interacting with each other in close proximity to one another.
- If at any time between the time of registering for the WHAM! Ride 2023 and the date of the ride I test positive for COVID-19 and have not received a negative test thereafter, exhibit any symptoms including dry cough, fever of 100.4 degrees or above, runny nose, or other such symptoms that have existed within fourteen days of the WHAM! Ride I understand and agree that I will not participate in the WHAM! Ride 2023 because by doing so would unnecessarily put other persons at risk.
IF REGISTERING a MINOR (S), I affirm that I am the custodial parent or legal guardian of the minor. I consent to the above terms, including the waiver, on behalf of the minor(s). I agree to supervise the minor(s) and ensure that the above terms are followed by the minor(s).
I understand and agree to the waiver and release.